Monday, June 20, 2011

eX Files

Recently, I've been watching a lot of x files, its actually more like an x files marathon. It's been about 4 days and im on disk 2 of season 3.
Im dedicated.
Dedicated to watching x files, and dedicated to avoid any and every thought or fear about my current: just-out-of-college-and-what-to-do-with-myself-now, situation...

So instead of trying to be a productive young adult and make work, send out applications for internships and work, and "marketing" myself (the hardest task for us anti-social introverts)... I hide out in my condo, lights out, blinds closed, under my warm blanket watching x files, for hours, because its these little things that make me feel like im doing something with myself. instead of, Alright! Finished documenting my work! or, Applications Sent!  its, Disk #6: Done! Bam!

So mentally halfway into my onsetting psychosis, my roommate Olive begins talking to me about her ex boyfriend, and about how whenever something or someone puts pressure on his skin, all these bumps start appearing. And he sent her this picture of his eye and lip all swollen and doctors have no idea whats going on. But apparently, he could have had a heart attack if he didnt make it in to the clinic!
So, Im thinking... how do i get in contact with Mulder and Scully?! because they'd certainly be interested in what we've got going on here in the streets of los angeles.

If i sent this image, theyd be here in minutes.

ok so i never actually saw the picture of what he looked like, and this isnt even remotely close to what he would look like even if he aged, and got raped by fungus and disease. But this is just what came to mind. Because my mind is spiraling into a state of paranoia and crime fighting due to the power of the fictitious federal bureau of investigation duo. Also, everyone loves exaggerations.

In a desperate attempt to get a single thing done; just to say ive completed... something- I finished a small illustration i started two days ago. I like patterns. Its the OCD in me.

Now, i'm sitting in my living room, its 3:44 am and i am fighting sleep.
I already have problems falling asleep and so its baffling that during this small window of opportunity where my body and mind finally sync up to collapse into a zombie-like slumber, where 90% of the time i have awful dreams that make me hate sleep even more, i sit up and resist the urge to lay down and rest.
and when i wake up in a couple hours, lacking the required "beauty sleep" for about the 5 consecutive year, this is what I will look like: with mass murder-lightning bolt power in one hand, and a lightsaber in the other. Tomorrow morning is looking bright! ;)

Food:: Blech. off and on. I wont eat anything till like 10 pm, and then ill get sucked into a dinner with a roommate or family member. Sometimes i wish i was even more anti-social so i wouldnt have to worry about social dining. why is every interaction, activity, and event all based around food? jeez. what a fatty species we are!  we cant be around one another without a high caloric buffer?  




1 comment:

  1. I love the in-post illustrations! Ugh, doesn't feel like there is any bravery in posting my stats. Shame is a powerful tool I guess. I love the X-files SO much, I've always wanted to go through the whole show.
    The whole social thing sucks. You can't be social without ingesting calories, it seems. Either food or booze, it just seems impossible. It makes me want to be more anti-social too.

    ReplyDelete